Indian Society for Trenchless Technology
Why dig Trenches when there are better solutions
No Dig India Show 2013
"Trenchless Operations Guidelines"
Application of trenchless technology on a sustainable basis is only possible if adequate and uniform guidelines, essential for maturing such project, are available to stakeholders.
Delhi HQ Chief Engineer's Zone, jointly with Indian Society for Trenchless Technology (IndSTT) organized the training program on Trenchless Technology applications for Tunneling from 19th to 21st October, 2011 at Officer's Mess, Delhi HQ Chief Engineer's Zone. The training program had the participation of 39 nominees from different commands/zones. A list of the participating officers is detailed in attachment 1 of this report. In the training program, participants were trained on various topics related to Trenchless Technology Applications by trenchless experts. In addition, participants were provided the General & Special Conditions of Contract for Construction Projects Employing Trenchless Technology, latest Trenchless Schedule of Rates, Standard Operating Procedures for Trenchless Applications. Additionally, during the training program, IndSTT released a new publication titled Manual of Trenchless Technology Scope of Works, 2011 edition to enable the user in developing appropriate contracts and related execution methodology. Participants were also provided physical demonstration of Trenchless equipment.
1. Participant Feedback - Majority of Participants found the technical lectures excellent to good.
2. Participants Suggestions -
- Some of the participants desired site visits in addition to physical demonstrations as organized at training venue.
- Some of the participants desired to get the membership of IndSTT.
- Some participants desired to get the publications in e-format.
- During interactions on contractual matters it was debated that trenchless service providers can be provided special class registration to execute trenchless projects more effectively.
- Some of the participants desired the inclusion of case stories of MES projects in future training programs.